A good Social Media Marketing strategy could make or break your Social Media success. Make sure yours stand out in 2018.
Creating a great Social Media marketing strategy is something that successful marketers have been taking seriously for a while. However, in the past, people have just settled with second best, and simply being on Social Media sites was enough to put them in the lead. Today, there is so much competition around that you really need a Social Media strategy that works. You can’t simply exist on Social Media platforms for people to want to use your product or service. You need to focus your time of getting the right content out there for the world to see, or risk seeing your followers and engagement decline. No business wants that!
If you’re wondering how to create a Social Media marketing strategy that actually works for your business, then read our pointers below. You never know – it might be just the thing that helps you get the following you’ve been after for so long!
Take some time out to research your target audience.
How on Earth can you expect to sell yourself, create amazing content and post about the right topics if you don’t know who you’re targeting? You don’t, which is why it’s so important to know your audience. There are 2.13 billion monthly active users on Facebook alone, and while this is a huge number, Social Media sites have made it very easy to track and analyse who your following is. On most platforms, there is a great Insights/Analytics tool which breaks down your followers, engagement rates and the success of your posts and promoted content.
Set some Social Media Marketing goals.
Do you know what you want to achieve through having a social media page? Do you want to grow your following on Social Media? Do you want to get more clicks through to your website? Do you want to push a particular product or service you offer that is lacking in sales? Whatever it is, it’s good to have a clear structure and ongoing goal for you and your team to work towards.
The aim of a successful Social Media Marketing strategy isn’t to grab an account on every platform going – that would be impossible! You should try to pick and choose which platforms that match your businesses goals. For example, you may want to show images of your products on Instagram, but another type of business may want to run successful Facebook ads to grow their online presence.
If you have clear, set goals, you are more likely to achieve them!
Check out your stats.
To make sure you’re on the right track with your goals, it’s useful to regularly monitor your statistics and insights. Who clicks on your posts? Who visits your pages and looks at your phone number and contact details? Making sure you’re pointing to these features and telling people to get in contact will encourage them to do so! The same goes with post engagement. Who has your content reached, and how many people has it reached? Was your post a popular one or didn’t it attract that many people? Looking at your stats can help you adjust your content into something people will want to engage with!
Things to consider.
When building your strategy and working out your business goals for Social Media, there are a few things you need to bear in mind that will help make things a little clearer.
- Building a fan base – likes and follows aren’t everything on Social Media, not by a long shot! But there’s no doubt that having a loyal following on your platforms will help the word get out about your business. It’s an easy way to spread the word and through the content you post regularly, you’ll gain their trust and get positive engagement back as a result.
- Doing your homework – as business pages on Social Media are very public, it’s good to do some research into your competitors. What are you doing well that they are not? And more importantly, what are they doing positively that you aren’t? You may get some ideas for content or some new strategies to try with your own followers.
- Brand awareness – it’s all well and good posting content about what other people are interested in…but what about you? It’s true that people react more to funny or interesting content, it’s in our human nature! But what about growing your brand? How do you know that your followers are fully clued up to what you do as a business? Really get the word out about you and the right people will find you.
- Hashtags and keywords – getting to know the most popular hashtags and keywords is a must if you want to increase the amount of people who see what your business posts on Social Media. In your Social Media Marketing strategy, make the time to do some hashtag and keyword research – perhaps find out what the most popular tags are in the area you’re based in, or find out what’s trending on Twitter before you post.
- ROI – The main reason most businesses are on Social Media these days is to get more business and customers visiting their website, so making the likes and follows convert into sales needs to be a huge priority. Again, it’s a case of creating the right content and giving your audience a variety of easy ways to contact you and reach your website.
Creating the ultimate Social Media Marketing strategy can be difficult if you’ve not got the time to do so. When you need everyone’s input, it can be very hard to get it when everyone’s so busy! Bigfoot Digital can help. Our expert team of Social Media marketers have the knowledge and skills at hand to create the best strategy for your business and to guide you in your social media journey, each step on the way. If you need help, get in touch with our friendly team today – we love a good chat over a cup of tea!