If your business is interested in a Pinterest marketing strategy, now is the perfect time to get signed up.
Pinterest is one of those social networking sites that everyone with a creative flair and imagination loves. Since 2012, it’s helped users gain ideas and inspiration, and businesses are getting a little more interested in the platform and what it can do for them. There are 200 million monthly users on Pinterest who want to share what they’re interested in or passionate about, as well as looking for all things new and shiny.
How does Pinterest work for business?
We know that Pinterest is a platform where users can get ideas for a project or explore things they’re interested in in more depth. But how can businesses benefit from Pinterest? How can your company use the platform to promote what you do? The whole point of Pinterest as a social media platform is for users to explore and save pins they like or want to try out. If your business starts to pin on Pinterest, people will be able to get a better idea of your brand, what you stand for, and it also gets you more of that all important exposure.
The more people browse Pinterest, the closer they actually get to making a decision and taking action. 70% of users on the platform (your potential customers) search, save and click on a pin. Getting your business on the social media platform will enable you to inspire your audience and hopefully make that all important purchase at the end of it.
With Pinterest, you’ll be able to see results. The nature of users is to plan and save, so you’ll easily be able to see what they like and what works. Their behaviours will indicate what you need to do to keep hold of their attention. There are a few ways you can make your content stand out even further, including:
- Promoted Pins – see these as the same as paid ads on a social networking site. They’ll enable more people to see your pins and will work just as well, if not better than your other pins. Promoted Pins are a great idea if you have something new and interesting to show off, or you simply want more people knowing about your business. They don’t interrupt regular users, they just help to get your content seen by the right people. The ones who are interested in your service.
- Unique content – over 175 million people use Pinterest every month to discover something new. Sharing content that is unique to you, content that is engaging and interesting to users, will help them to do just that. Sharing with them what you find inspiring will help to connect with them even more.
Do a little research.
What do people search for on Pinterest? What are your audience looking for from businesses and how can you make sure you’re talking about the right topics and subjects to those who are interested? Women make up around 80% of Pinners, and some of the top categories include Food and Drink, DIY and Home Decor. How can you take into account some of the more popular topics when creating your content? Doing your research will be very beneficial.
Get started with your Pinterest business account.
So, how do you get a Pinterest business profile to start building your strategy? Pinterest have made it very easy to set up your account, so you can concentrate more on creating an effective strategy.
If you already have a personal Pinterest account, you can convert this straight away to a business account. It will work better for business purposes as there are a number of features which you wouldn’t get with a personal account, such as Pinterest Analytics. You can only create ads in a business account so it is definitely worth it if you’re planning on promoting your content every now and then.
Make sure your profile has all the necessary details you’d expect to find on any business profile on Social Media. It should be very easy for any potential customer to contact you or to follow a link to find out more information. Tell your audience why your business is different to all the others out there before you start creating boards and saving pins. You’ll automatically become that much more reliable to them!
Tips to improve your profile.
Having a strategy in place will really help to get the most out of Pinterest. How can you ensure that you give people the service they expect from a business?
- Interact and build relationships – don’t ignore your loyal followers. A little bit of engagement goes a long way.
- Explore other pins and accounts – you can get inspiration from other profiles or from what others post. Getting ideas is what people use Pinterest for after all!
- Keep inspired – if you’re continually posting content that is inspirational and interesting, people are more likely to continue to follow what you do, and not fall off the edge of the Earth.
- Optimise for SEO – content is very important in terms of SEO. You need to help direct people to your pins as well as making sure that you’re linking back to your website.
- Vary your content – from Audio Pin Boards to Slideshows, make sure you have a range of content types to keep your audience engaged.
Need a hand with your Pinterest marketing strategy?
If your business needs a little bit of a push when it comes to creating an effective Social Media marketing strategy, then you’ve reached the right page! At Bigfoot Digital, we can share with you hints and tips for an effective Pinterest business profile, as well as create the ultimate marketing strategy.
No matter what Social Media platform you want to be seen on, and whatever plans you have for your business, we’re here to help. Get in touch with us today to see how we can support your business through Social Media.